I am currently pursuing a PhD at Thales Research & Technology, Ecole Polytechnique and Sorbonne University under the supervision of Benjamin Doerr (CNRS/LIX), Carola Doerr (CNRS/LIP6) and Johann Dreo (Thales).
The area of this project is between Optimization and Machine Learning for Defense purposes.
I received a master of science degree (diplôme d’ingénieur) from the National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA) in France. I had the opportunity to work on a research project at MBDA France using Game Theory and Optimization for Defense purposes.
- Search Heuristics
- Algorithm Selection and Configuration
- Machine Learning
- Game Theory
Publications and presentations
- Towards Explainable Exploratory Landscape Analysis: Extreme Feature Selection for Classifying BBOB Functions (2021), 24th International Conference, EvoApplications 2021, Quentin Renau, Johann Dreo, Carola Doerr and Benjamin Doerr
- Linear Matrix Factorization Embeddings for Single-objective Optimization Landscapes (2020), IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Tome Eftimov, Gorjan Popovski, Quentin Renau, Peter Korosec and Carola Doerr
- Exploratory Landscape Analysis is Strongly Sensitive to the Sampling Strategy (2020), Parallel Problem Solving from Nature – PPSN XVI, Quentin Renau, Carola Doerr, Johann Dreo and Benjamin Doerr
- Expressiveness and Robustness of Landscape Features (2019), GECCO (Companion), Quentin Renau, Johann Dreo, Carola Doerr and Benjamin Doerr
- Exploratory Landscape Analysis Feature Values for the 24 Noiseless BBOB Functions (2021). Zenodo, Quentin Renau, Johann Dreo, Carola Doerr and Benjamin Doerr
- Experimental Data Set for the study « Exploratory Landscape Analysis is Strongly Sensitive to the Sampling Strategy » (2020). Zenodo, Quentin Renau, Carola Doerr, Johann Dreo and Benjamin Doerr
- ROADEF 2021: Landscape-Aware Approach for Radar Network Configuration
- COSEAL Workshop 2019: Expressiveness and Robustness of Landscape Features
- PGMO Days 2019: Expressiveness, Stability and Robustness of Landscape Features
Services to the Community
- Program Committee Member:
- IEEE WCCI Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC) (since 2021)
Prizes and Awards
- Ecole Polytechnique:
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (tutorat at master level), 2020